Chandra Mahal Haveli is discerning and charming heritage experience in a village called Pahersar, about 25 kilometres from Bharatpur city. Built in 1840 its 170 year rich heritage is witnessed many generations of multi cultural and multi ethnic past. The Haveli is a representation of Persian architecture , which is very different from the palaces and forts of Rajasthan.
Today, the Haveli is guaranteed to transport you to gone by era. Nestled right in the center of this timeless rural village, this experience is far removed from the fast paced urban lifestyle. With nothing but simplicity and agriculture around, it brings you closer to some earthy rural realities.
Restored painstakingly, this haveli retains a lot of its old world charm while at the same time having all the modern amenities that is a necessity to today’s traveller. The Haveli has been upgraded to provide you with every expected service and convenience, from elaborate Food & Beverage to well appointed rooms and suites. Recreation facilities include an outdoor swimming pool area and wide open manicured lawns which provide enough and more room for leisurely sprawling around and recreation activities like outdoor dining, play area for kids and traditional evening entertainment.
The Chandra Mahal Haveli, has 04 Suite and 07 well appointed Deluxe Rooms with attached bath, running hot and cold water. The rooms strike a perfect balance between all the modern amenities essential to comfort, and traditional styling.
- Deluxe Rooms: Large spacious rooms on the ground level which offers a delectable combination of the heritage architecture with the modern amenities for travellers who desire the comforts of the city. Measuring over 180 sq ft, the rooms overlook the central courtyard and the lawns of the hotel. These large rooms are furnished with heritage furniture and are equipped wit h all modern amenities like LCD TV, DTH connections, minibar, tea coffee maker, electronic safe AC, heat convector for winters, complimentary mineral water.
- Suites: Located on the first floor of the haveli, the suites offer the guests the additional space of a private courtyard with a jacuzzi, a small balcony and a large terrace that offers a panoramic view of the Pehersar village and its lush fields. Each suite is unique in its décor and offers a peek into the heritage of the destination. The suites are an ideal combination of the heritage architecture with the modern amenities for travellers who desire the comforts of the city. Measuring over 280 sq ft, they are furnished with heritage furniture and are equipped wit all modern amenities like LCD TV, DTH connections, minibar, tea coffee maker, electronic safe AC, heat convector for winters, complimentary mineral water.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
“Peharsi Andaaz” is laid out with antique Rajasthan wooden furniture. The staff, easily accessible, works hard to please your taste. The chef conjures up excellent Italian, Continental, Indian and Rajasthan cuisine.
- Timings: Breakfast – 07:30 to 10: 30 Hrs. Lunch–12:00 to 15:00 Hrs. & Dinner–19:00 to 22:30 Hrs
Chandra Mahal Haveli has a tempting swimming pool. Enjoy your swim or bask in the sun by the pool side.
Located 25 kms from the city of Bharatpur, Peharsar (Paharsar) is a quaint village in Rajasthan that is home to the exquisite Chandra Mahal Haveli. According to the local legend, this village derived its name from a battle 3 centuries back, where in the village was conquered by the Mughals (locals are ambiguous between Babar and Akbar) in just three hours. A Pehar means a three hour period and sarmeans conquered or victory, hence the name Pehar-sar.
Locals say that the village has a history dating back to more than 1000 years. This village was also known as Chota Lohagarh, as Bharatpur was called Lohagarh. In early days, Peharsar, was one of the most affluent settlements in and around Bharatpur and used to financially assist the throne as well. During this period, the village was famous for its 360 wells and flourishing agriculture. Post India’s Independence and the partition of the nation in 1947, around 60 Sikh and 60 Sindhi families relocated to this village, mostly migrating from erst-while North West India, what is now Pakistan. Three generations gone, most of these families have moved more towards urbanization and better employment prospects.
Today, the village of Peharsar is itself relatively quiet and offers its visitors a peek into a “real” Indian village. A stay here offers the guests a chance to see another side of Indian village life. Unlike other locations which claim that they are a ‘village’, Peharsar is a real village, tiny in all respects with just a small village store or two and a small local school. As of date, there are approximately 200 households, with a population of about 1,500. Almost entirely an agriculture driven economy, the extremely fertile soil is perfect for growing wheat, Mustard, Jawar, Bajra and various vegetables which the villagers use for self-consumption.
The village is very close to the renowned Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, local forts, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra, Alwar, etc. Hence, it is a perfect option as a stopover for the visitors.
*All Historical facts are based on local folklore and legends narrated by the village Sarpanch and other residents.
- Check-in time: 12:00 Noon & Check-out time: 10:00 Hrs. Early Check-in & Late Check-out is subject to the availability; charges apply.
- Airport, Railway station and Bus stand Transfers available on request, charges apply.
- Credit Cards: Master & Visa Cards
- No parking charges are applicable
- Pets are not allowed
- Extra beds are available on request, charges apply.
- Two bottles are placed every day with our complements (1000 ml each)
- Wi-Fi available in the rooms, restaurant and reception, which is complimentary.
- Right of Admission Reserved
- Folk Music and Cultural show (only for groups), Village excursions on Camel Carts or by way of a pleasant walk with native escort and Jeep Safaris. Visit to Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary and also to Deeg Palace can be arranged. Charges apply
Located 25 kms from the city of Bharatpur, Peharsar (Paharsar) is a quaint village in Rajasthan that is home to the exquisite Chandra Mahal Haveli, a beautiful Palace in Rajasthan. The Pehersar village is very close to the renowned Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary, local forts, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra, Alwar, etc.
Distance from Key Cities
- Agra Airport – 86 Kms
- Bus stand Bharatpur – 25 Kms
- Railway station Bharatpur – 29 Kms
- Agra City – 80 Kms
- Fatehpur Sikri – 45 Kms
- Mathura – 60 Kms
- New Delhi – 210 Kms
- Jaipur – 160 Kms
Places Of Interest
Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary (25 Km): Also known as the Keoladeo Ghana Sanctuary, it is famous for rare avian species. Stretching over a 29 sq. km. marshy area it is an ideal terrain for migratory birds. Some 353 species live and breed within the park, some of which are egrets, darters, cormorants, grey herons, sarus crane, Siberian crane, rosy headed pelican etc. There are also a number of spotted deer, sambar, nilgai, wild boar, python and porcupine. Jeepable roads that form a network through the marshland and boats that can be painted through weeds make for easy viewing of the birds. All visitors are required to obtain a permit from the Warden or Ranger at the entrance of the park.
Bharatpur Fort: This magnificent 18th century fort built by Raja Suraj Mal was also known as Loha Gadh and proved to be impregnable. Some of the monuments worth a visit within the fort are Kishori Mahal, Mahal Khas and Kothi Khas.
Government Museum: The museum in the fort houses sculptures, inscriptions and exhibits of art and culture of the region.
Bharatpur Palace: This royal monument is a brilliant blend of Mughal and a Rajput architecture. There is also a museum in the central wing with a few exhibits dating to the 2nd century AD. Timing to visit Palace is 0800 hrs. to 1200 hrs. and 1300 hrs. to 1800 hrs.
Deeg Fort (32 km): Renowned for its forts, palaces and beautiful Mughal gardens this used to be the royal summer resort of the rulers of Bharatpur, Deeg is 35 km from Mathura, 75 km from Alwar and 152 km from Delhi
Chandra Mahal Haveli – An Amritara private hideaways
Peharsar, Jaipur- Agra Road,
Tel: +91 8696919073
Anantara Hotels & Resorts
Plot. No. 9, Samalka, NH-8, New Delhi – 110037.
Tel : +91 11 66617837 | E-mail: email@example.com