a shopping lover's paradise in amritsar for shopaholics- Travel
Amritsar, a holy town famous for food, handicrafts, home to the historical Wagah border, and the divine place Golden Temple. Whether it’s Dal Makhani of Kesar Da Dhaba or colourful phulkari bazaars, everything about the city is a paradise. This Punjabi town is world-famous for its history and of course food. But another thing that makes it heaven is shopping in Amritsar. We have curated a list of the best places to buy clothes, handicrafts, and much more to quest the shopaholic inside you.
Before talking about the places from where you can shop, let us tell you what you must shop for. Coming back from the reverential city without getting either a Phulkari dupatta or suit, at least a pair of Punjabi jutti and pashmina shawls is not less than an offense. Apart from this, you can have some locally produced handicrafts as a memory. If you love dressing your dresses then collect them from the kapada market. The place is also famous for papad-warian, so add them to your luggage. Don’t forget to buy souvenirs for your close ones.
Now, when you know what all to buy. Let us tell you the best places for shopping in Amritsar.
- Katra Jaimal Singh: The over-packed street with numerous clothing shops, this market is best known to buy cloth pieces, sarees, Pashmina shawls and phulkaris along with parandis.
- Hall bazaar: Among the oldest markets of Amritsar, Hall bazaar is the best place to be if you need to buy local goodies. The market is on the way to Golden temple, so you won’t even have to roam here and there to search for it.
- Guru Bazaar: All the ladies and girls, this market is especially for you. Are you in the mood to buy some jewellery? Head to Guru Bazaar. With an impressive collection of ornaments, this market will leave you amazed. This market is famous for its genuine original and intense collection.
- Mall of Amritsar: This mall is among the most go-to places for localities to shop from branded stores. If you are entering Amritsar by road, then you can spot this one on your way to the main city. You will find almost every major brand to shop from.
- Lahori Gate Market: Another market known for the budget-friendly cloth pieces, pashmina shawls, juttis and much more. The rates are very much affordable. It is one of the most lively markets of the city. Along with showrooms, you will find many street food stalls to tantalize your taste buds.
- Trillium Mall: With almost 250 plus brands, this is another popular mall to be around. The food court serves authentic Amritsari food along with some international food chains. Apart from that, Trillium Mall also has Inox theatre for a world-class movie experience.
Shopping in Amritsar is fun, but let the shopaholic inside you take some rest and serve some mouthwatering dishes to your hungry soul. We would highly recommend you to have a thali at Kesar Da Dhaba, Amritsari Kulcha from the local shops, and Paneer Bhurji from Pyaare lal at the Telephone exchange. We are sure this town will satisfy your foodie and shopaholic side.
After a long thrilling day, find comfort at Amritara Sadka, Amritsar. Located just 1.4 Km away from the divine Golden Temple, we are among the best hotels in Amritsar. With different categories of rooms to choose from, We aim to provide our guests with utmost comfort along with modern amenities. The facilities include all-day dining, valet parking, complimentary wifi, and room service.
Visit this holy city and give us an opportunity to serve you with the best.