guide to the best hotel near aiims jodhpur- Hotel
Jodhpur is the second largest city in Rajasthan and a great place to visit for tourists. It has many interesting places to visit along with some historic forts, exquisite palaces, interesting industries and a great culture and cuisine that are fun to explore. There is so much to do here that if you are planning on visiting Jodhpur, you should plan out your trip in advance to get the most out of you time in this amazing city. In this blog we will explore some of the best things to do in Jodhpur and also shortlist the best place to stay.
Jodhpur is an ancient city that was once the capital of the powerful Kingdom of Marwar, which arguably forms the core of Rajasthan. It is a city set within the Thar Desert of Rajasthan and hence has some amazing landscapes which attracts thousands of visitors from all over the world. Tourists also come here because of its rich collection of forts and palaces that are built in the Rajasthani style and offer an incisive look at its history and culture.
One of the most important and iconic forts here is the Mehrangarh Fort. The city is largely built around this fort, which forms the spiritual and existential base of the area. Many of the houses here are painted in a distinct blue color, which is why the city is sometimes called the Blue City. Since Jodhpur lies close to the geographic center of the state of Rajasthan, it is a popular hub for travelers and administrators who stop here during their travels.
What to do in Jodhpur
If you like visiting historical forts, palaces and temples, you will love Jodhpur. The city has many amazing monuments that are a godsend for anyone interested archaeology, architecture, history and art. Besides historical monuments, there are also a number of interesting markets and landmarks here that are fun to visit.
1. Mehrangarh Fort: A huge and majestic fort that rises 125 meters above the skyline of the city, the Mehrangarh fort is one of the most famous and admired forts in India. It has intricate carvings and amazing architecture that is sure to entrance casual visitors and scholars alike. If you find yourself in Jodhpur, you must visit this place at least one.
2. Goldsmith Lane: This is the artistic area of Jodhpur where one can find rare and authentic artists working on wooden doors, carved sculptures and many other district artworks for which Jodhpur is famous. Most of the workshops here are in the open and guests can talk to the artists themselves. The shops here are also very welcoming and one can pick up genuine collectables, rare artworks and real antiques.
3. Umaid Bhawan Palace: This is an architectural wonder built in 1929 by Maharaja Umaid Singh and designed by a British architect. It is considered to be one of the biggest and most lavish private residences in the world and is very popular with tourists who come here to admire its sheer beauty. Visitors can get a tour of the palace and also visit its in-house museum which has a priceless collection of artworks and armaments.
4. Balsmand Lake: This beautiful lake that was built in 1159 around a natural oasis and is located about 5 Kms from Jodhpur. The reservoir was built to provide water to Mandore and the surrounding areas but is so beautiful that it became a popular tourist destination in its own right. Later a palace called the Balsmand Lake Palace was built on its shore, which is also worth visiting.
5. Ghanta Ghar: This is a beautiful watchtower located in the busy Sadar Bazaar area of Jodhpur, The watchtower is worth exploring but the market around it is even more interesting with many shops selling rare and unique items such as textiles, garments, figurines, jewelry and more. If you came to check out the clock tower, you must take a look at the shops in this area.
Where to stay in Jodhpur
If you are visiting Jodhpur and looking for a hotel near AIIMS Jodhpur, the best option here is the Manak Haveli by Amritara. This is an old haveli that has been converted into a heritage hotel and has the right ambience for anyone looking for a cultural trip to Rajasthan. The hotel has a great location in the artistic district of the city called Goldsmith Lane and is close to the Jodhpur fort.
The hotel has luxurious rooms and great food including delectable local dishes made in the traditional style. Guests can treat themselves to the open deck Jacuzzi here and visit the large library maintained by the hotel. Overall, the experience of staying at the Manak Haveli is royal, elegant and exemplifies the spirit of this great city and its illustrious past.