resorts in mussoorie near mall road with stunning views- Hotel
Mussoorie is one of the most beautiful hill stations in India. Surrounded by green hills, lush valleys and colorful orchards, its natural beauty has been the subject of many poems and books. It was therefore selected, planned and built by the British with preppy boarding schools for children. Today, Mussoorie is the quintessential hill town, which has something for everyone.
The best thing about Mussoorie is that it is close to Delhi and even closer to cities like Chandigarh and Dehradun. If you are a nature lover looking for a good hill station to visit, Mussoorie is our top choice. It may not have a lot of five star hotels or swanky neighborhoods but there is something rugged and interesting about the town.
Why go to Mussoorie
This summer, pick a hill station that will take you closer to nature. Mussoorie is one of the prettiest and best-protected towns that still retains the old-world charm and quaint colonial-era culture that has so endeared it to locals and tourists alike.
The main advantage of going to Mussoorie is that it is one of the most beautiful and unspoiled spots amongst all the hill stations in India. It is at just the right elevation and has the perfect climate for a summer vacation or short visit.
Places to visit in Mussoorie
It may seem like there is nothing much to do in Mussoorie but in fact, there are a number of interesting places to visit. Depending on your mood and preferences, there are some very pretty places here where one can take in the fresh mountain air and legendary beauty of this region.
There are also a number of interesting activities that one can participate in. To help you make the most of trip, we have compiled a list of some places that are worth visiting in Mussoorie:
- Mall Road: This road is the most hip and happening part of Mussoorie. This is where people come to socialize, shop and gorge on local delicacies available at the many eateries that dot this iconic stretch.
- Kempty Falls: This scenic waterfall is one of the best-known natural formations in Mussoorie and a must visit place for anyone looking to admire the beauty and landscape of this resort town.
- Tibetan Temple: This is the first Tibetan Shrine built in India way back in 1959. It was consecrated by the Dalai Lama himself and is a peaceful and historical religious place where one can pray, meditate or simply admire the art and architecture.
- Cloud’s End: This is a scenic stretch of land, which marks the geographic end of Mussoorie. It is a strategic vantage point, which affords beautiful views, especially when the clouds come close and create a surreal, misty scene.
- Christ Church: This is a church located in the heart of the city. Built in a gothic European style, this monument has become a meeting place for locals and a must visit place for tourists.
Where to stay
The best place to stay in Mussoorie is the Amritara Yog Wellness Resort. One of the best resorts in Mussoorie near the Mall Road, the hotel focuses on health and wellness. It has an in-house Spa and Yoga center complete with certified therapists and Yoga teachers.
The Yog Wellness Resort also has a peaceful and tranquil ambience and is surrounded by greenery. It is very centrally located and quite close to the Tibetan Temple and the Mall Road. This makes the resort one of the best places to stay for anyone visiting this charming resort town.
Frequently asked Questions
Q 1. What are the top-rated resorts in Mussoorie, and what are their unique features?
Ans.One of the best-rated resorts in Mussoorie is the Yog Wellness Resort by Amritara. This is a unique resort that focuses on health and wellness. It has an in-house Spa with professional therapists and yoga teachers, It also offers a lot of activities arranged around fitness and health.
Q 2. What is the average cost of staying at a resort in Mussoorie, and what amenities can guests expect?
Ans. The average cost of staying at a premium resort in Mussoorie like Amritara Yog Wellness is around Rs. 20,000 per room per night.
Q 3. Which resorts in Mussoorie are suitable for families with children, and what activities do they offer?
Ans. Yog Wellness by Amritara is one of the best family friendly resorts in Mussoorie. It offers many activities like a children’s play area, badminton, chess, carom board, cricket etc for children and also organizes excursions and trips to tourist spots around the resort.
Q 4. What are some of the popular adventure sports that can be enjoyed at resorts in Mussoorie?
Ans. At resorts in Mussoorie, one can enjoy adventure sports like zip lining, trekking, grappling etc.
Q 5. How far are the resorts in Mussoorie from popular tourist attractions such as Kempty Falls and Mall Road, and what transportation options are available?
Ans. Some resorts in Mussoorie like Yog Wellness by Amritara are close to popular tourist attractions like Kempty Falls and the Mall Road. They are located within a few kms of the resort and one can get there easily by driving, hiring a cab or by walking there.